Monday, March 30, 2020
Home NEWS Rebel burn evacuation buses in Syria

Rebel burn evacuation buses in Syria

Rebel burn evacuation buses in Syria

 A number of buses containing fighters from east Aleppo and their families left the last rebel-held sector of the Syrian city on Sunday after a deal between rebels and pro-government forces allowed evacuations to resume.

Pro-government forces agreed
to the deal in exchange for people being allowed to leave two Shi’ite villages besieged by insurgents. The Aleppo evacuation ground to a halt on Friday after a disagreement over the villages of al-Foua and Kefraya.

Syrian state television, citing its   correspondent in the city, said on Sunday buses had started to leave east Aleppo where over 15,000 people gathered in a square to wait for the buses. Many had spent the night sleeping in the streets in freezing temperatures.

Rebel burn evacuation buses in Syria

Some buses and Red Crescent vehicles also arrived at the entrance to the two villages, most of whose residents are Shi’ite Muslims, shortly after the deal was announced, according to al-Manar television. The broadcaster is affiliated to the Lebanese group Hezbollah, an ally of Damascus.

However, five buses were attacked and burned on their way there, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights and Syrian state media said.
State television showed pictures of flames coming from the green buses which have come to be synonymous with evacuations in Syria.

Videos broadcast on social media showed men with guns cheering and shouting “God is great” as the buses burned.
State media said “armed terrorists”, a term it uses for groups fighting against President Bashar al-Assad’s rule, carried out the attack. Pro-Damascus Mayadeen television said the rebel group formerly known as the Nusra Front was behind the attack.

Rebel officials said an angry crowd of people, possibly alongside pro-government “operatives”, was responsible.
Aleppo had been divided between government and rebel areas in the nearly six-year-long war, but a lightning advance by the Syrian army and its allies began in mid-November following months of intense air strikes, forcing the insurgents out of most of the rebel-held territory within a matter of weeks.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected

9,548FansLike
10,980FollowersFollow
3,310FollowersFollow
- Advertisment -Rebel burn evacuation buses in Syria

Trending News

COVID-19: Italian nurse, Daniela Terezi Commits suicide after testing positive

Another sad news in Italy! As Italian nurse killed herself after testing positive for coronavirus and fearing she had infected others, a nursing

COVID-19: Kenya President bans sex for 6 mobths

As a result of providing measures to control the rapid spread of COVID-19, The Kenyan government has told members of the public to avoid

Chinese man dies of Hanta Virus

As the China struggles to curb the global COVID-19 pandemic it's reported that a man from China’s Yunnan province tested positive for Hantavirus on Monday

COVID-19: Northern Youth demands Bishop Oyedepo’s arrest

In a reaction to the rise in number of the health pandemic in Nigeria, the Arewa Youth Consultative Forum (AYCF) has called for the arrest of

COVID-19: Government of Enugu State approves assurance package for health workers

A good move from the state government in furtherance of his resolve to strengthen the state’s response to Corona Virus Disease

Aso villa shutdown, top prominent members of the presidency isolate as Abba Kyari test positive

1am today, Sahara reporters stated that the Chief of staff is critically I'll and have tested positive to COVID-19. Currently activities in Nigeria's seat of

Oni of Ife suspends traditional activities and shuts down palace due to Coronavirus outbreak

With just 1 COVID-19 case recorded in Osun state, The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, has shut his palace to curb spread of Coronavirus

Supreme Court dismisses APC claim to review of judgement on Zamfara case

Attention was finally off from COVID-19 as The Supreme Court has dismissed the application by the Abdulaziz Yari faction of the All

Breaking: Country music Icon passes away at 81

Death is inevitable! It was a sad for the Rogers family, it was sad to announce that Kenny Rogers passed away last night at 10:25PM at the age of 81.

Just in: FAAC shares February Revenue allocation, sum of ₦581.566 billion

It has been reported that the Federation Accounts Allocation Committee (FAAC) has shared a total of N581.566 billion February 2020